Berwyn was founded in 1877. It is located in southeastern Pennsylvania along the Main Line in suburban Philadelphia. At times, the village has been called Cocheltown, Reeseville, Glassley and Gaysville. The town received its present name in 1877 during the celebration of its centennial when one of the Welsh settlers proposed to name the village after the Berwyn Hills overlooking the Valley of the Dee River in Meionetshire, Wales.
Conestoga High School
SEPTA Berwyn Train System
Trivia: How Did Berwyn, Illinois Get Its Name?
History: Preserving The Historic Van Leer Cabin
The Berwyn Train Station
Casey's Ale House and Restaurant
The Historic Van Leer Log Cabin Behind Conestoga High School
Portions of this page are taken from the work of the Tredyffrin Easttown History Club.